Be Alert – Does Your Car Need Extra Maintenance?
It's important to pay attention to any early signs that your car may need a service or repair so we can deal with the issue immediately. Unusual sounds such as rattling or squeaking, visual cues and/or changes in its performance are good indicators of existing maintenance problems.
Below are some of the early warning signs that need your immediate attention. If you experience any of the following issues, contact our Canberra Toyota Vehicle Maintenance Team as soon as possible so we can help.
- Unusual engine noises
- Engine stalling or stumbling
- Fluid leaking from under your vehicle
- Strange noises coming from the exhaust
- Engine temperature getting too high
- The vehicle or steering pulls to one side
- Unusual noises such as squeaking or squealing and/or spongy feeling in the clutch or brake pedal
Prevention is Better Than Cure
We all want a trouble-free journey especially when we’re on the road. Make it a habit to regularly check these 3 key areas to prevent issues down the road:
- Vital fluid levels including engine oil & coolant, brake & clutch fluid, and windscreen washer fluids.
- Tyre pressure including the spare (when cold). The recommended tyre pressure can be found in your vehicle log book.
- All lights and indicators are operating. This can be done at home simply by walking around the car.
If you need further assistance on how you can perform these simple checks at home, please get in touch with us, or ask our friendly team the next time you drop your vehicle in for a service. We’ll be happy to help.